Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Cat that Climbed the Christmas Tree


Hi all, I am sharing my very first freebies with you all.  This is the first one of these that I've ever created in Word, and my first time trying to convert to Google Docs without losing anything.  So, please bear with me, and definitely let me know if something's not working, or needs to be changed.  Any tips about this stuff are much appreciated. 

The Cat That Climbed The Christmas Tree is one of my favorite holiday books.  It's a whimsical, dreamy account of a cat bringing everything on the tree to life!  I usually use it with more proficient readers because the sentences can be just a little long, and it has some advanced vocabulary.  It would make a great read-aloud at any level though. 



There are a lot of homophones associated with Christmas...  rain, rein, reign, deer, dear...  It's an excellent time to highlight these if students are ready.  That's why I've created a holiday homophones sheet.  I usually do a guided, small-group lesson with homophones and use this for independent practice afterward. 

Here is a vocabulary practice sheet for the book. 
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B53C_aWsKg7UZ012N1pxUTRtNlk


And here is the Holiday Homophones sheet.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B53C_aWsKg7UV0RGX1IyX0pXRHc
Enjoy, and Happy Holidays!!

P. S.  I have no idea why the conversion keeps removing or misalligning my clip art.  I've about had it for tonight, will try again tomorrow.  If anyone has any ideas, please enlighten me. ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment