Monday, January 14, 2013

Cyber Monday... I'm back!



Hello again, I have been neglecting my posts just trying to get caught up after the holidays.  I am in my second semester of graduate school, taking two courses; one covers the Florida accomplished practices, or FEAPs, and the other covers the foundations of teaching reading.  In discussions with my classmates, I ran across this great resource from The Los Angeles Office of Education  This is a varied list of phonemic awareness assessments for primary students.  I would suggest using these as formative assessments to be used for forming groups and planning systematic instruction.  There are detailed instructions for administering each, and some even have video demonstrations!  Best of all, it looks like they don't take very long, and we can frame them as games!  YAY! ;) 

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! Love your name (mine is Jessica too!). I'm your newest follower.

    Covered in Glitter and Glue

    ReplyDelete